Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Summertime

Summertime? I think so! But there is only one month left, so it is important to make the most of it! I have been getting ready for the new school year while being in the student council, so things have been as busy as ever! But here are some moments I won't forget...

After one of the first major rainstorms, we looked outside and saw this gorgeous rainbow


and this was literally what we saw at the other side of the street! Can you say cool?!

I also attended girls camp. It was great at first, but then we had, that's right, snow and hail! Our tent was literally frozen in. It was miserable for everyone to sleep inside freezing tents, but we learned that it could not stop us from continuing on and trying to be happy.


I also attended another camp for school right after girls camp. It was a great load of fun!

Those were only a few great times this summer :) I also have been running in cross country, but sprained my ankle and have been waiting for it to heal. I am excited to go to California pretty soon, and my best friend and I are counting down to a John Mayer concert with Owl City. I feel very blessed for not needing a hospital tune up this summer. It is worth it to take those vitamins, medications, treatments, and spend time exercising! And last but not least, it's important to have fun!




1 comment:

  1. Your girl camp story reminded me of a story of how I went up to Northern Arizona with my relief society and I decided to sleep outside in thirty degree weather. Psh I can do it!...so I thought.. I didn't even sleep. I hid in my sleeping bag (no tent) I was frozen solid. I unzipped my bag and found frost on me. So I know a little bit of what it must have been like! But you girls are campers!!!!For real!!!

    ReplyDelete