I'll say that 2011 was a good year. I won't forget: (get ready for another list. You know you love them) :)
Screaming with pre-schoolers in Mideivel Times
Riding only thrill rides at Disneyland for 12 hours non-stop
Seeing Jimmer play on the court
Having ice cream poured down my back as the other artists and I were made into sundaes
Throwing colors at my siblings (and Brady) at the color festival for the first time
Prom with the coolest high school students ever
Graduation
Playing on boulders at Moab
Youth Conference
1 ft in diameter fro's at girls camp
Planking 4 states at once
Visiting Texas for the first time since we moved
Harry Potter 7.2
Moving into Hogwarts
Football games
Dancing some nights away at Byu
Chilling with the wardies in our Bishopric's pool and hot tub
Laughing until 2 am with friends till our guts hurt at Del Taco
Having my prayer answered to see and hear President Monson speak at the devotional by getting one of the last seats
969836596 trips to the physical science lab
35875 hours studying
Black Friday shopping for about 10 hours in Arizona
Taking pictures with statues in Arizona
Moving out of Hogwarts, but very happy at the same time
Seeing Kara and Kasey get married
And banging on pots and pans for 2012 with friends from high school
It's been a very good year! I have a feeling that 2012 will still have its rough edges, but it will be a very good year. I'm glad for new beginnings to start over on some things, too. I was able to go to a farewell today, and his talk was really good, but (his bishop, I believe?) gave some great insights. I was reminded of how precious life is and it matters how we spend every second of our lives. One thing he said that stood out was that we need to build our own "reservoirs" of knowledge, goodness, faith, and courage by doing the small daily acts that matter to keep us strong to carry us through years of adversity, want, frustration, fear, etc. He mentioned that if we use our time wisely, then we can have enough faith and strength to keep going. So that's one of my new years resolutions: to use my time more efficiently, especially by doing the things that matter most such as communicating often with my Father in Heaven through prayer, reading my scriptures daily, and looking for ways to serve. Sometimes for resolutions we look for ways we can change or things to do (and yes I do have those goals on my list), but in reality sometimes we just need to keep up with important daily acts.
Well other than that, I hope everyone has a great year!! Time to party like it's 2012!!
No comments:
Post a Comment