I remembered this poem. I have found that many here at Byu feel the same way because of all the homework before thanksgiving break....
Homework! Oh, Homework!
I hate you! You stink!
I wish I could wash you away in the sink,
if only a bomb
would explode you to bits.
Homework! Oh, homework!
You're giving me fits.
I'd rather take baths
with a man-eating shark,
or wrestle a lion
alone in the dark,
eat spinach and liver,
pet ten porcupines,
than tackle the homework,
my teacher assigns.
Homework! Oh, homework!
you're last on my list,
I simple can't see
why you even exist,
if you just disappeared
it would tickle me pink.
Homework! Oh, homework!
I hate you! You stink!
Jack Prelutsky
Of course it is a dramatic poem and I wouldn't do some of the things mentioned, but on the happier note, after working on homework for hours this week...I am finally almost done!! And what's even better? My last dose of Tobi was today!! Well, until around January or February, but still! My voice sounds absolutely horrible right now, and I really miss socializing how I did before this month when I could talk. But now my voice will come back where I can talk and sing again :) And what's better than getting more sleep from not washing the Pari pieces so frequently??
Anyways, I am ready for Thanksgiving. And may I give a warning?? Pinterest is addicting :) I got an account last week and cannot stop gawking at pictures, ideas, and recipes. Luckily I have been able to try a couple of recipes, like these two that were posted. They were awesome
terriyaki chicken (it was soooo easy and yummy)
http://whilehewasnapping.blogspot.com/2011/03/20-minute-teriyaki-chicken-rice.html#axzz1RfrNvijN
pumpkin pie croissants
http://shakentogether.blogspot.com/2011/10/taste-this-tuesday-fall-baking-series_10.html
(of course I would try the pumpkin croissants. I guess my craves for pumpkin haven't gone away yet)
No comments:
Post a Comment