I have been following up with Ronnie and Mandi Sharpe's blog Run Sickboy Run (runsickboyrun.blogspot.com), and something they do every Thursday is Thankful Thursday. I decided to start it on here right here and right now. Here are a few things that came to mind today:
I am thankful for my job and being able to work with such great people. Yesterday, my supervisor told Alisha and I "Hey, I need help with a research project at the Cougar Eat." So we followed him to the cafeteria circle, where we thought we were going to meet up with the manager or someone of the Cougar Eat. Instead, Jim said, "Ok, which place's food would you like to try?" He ended up buying us large wraps and drinks and we just had lunch and talked. Today (Alisha was gone since it was her birthday) I had a sort of similar experience, where he said, "Hey, have you been partying? Would you like to right now?" I wasn't sure what exactly he meant, but he lead me around the corner to the other side of the office filled with people. In one room they had delicious food such as bbq rolls, lobster rolls, fruit, and a cheesecake bar. Yes, I am also thankful for food, but I feel so blessed for such a great job! (P.S., I also found out that a girl who works right next to me is good friends with a few of my high school friends. Connections are always a bonus.)
I am thankful that things do work out. Lately I have been stressed with finances. Seeing the amount of money in your bank account, including all you had in savings, to pay for food and rent, drop dramatically in a short time can be stressful. However, I signed up for taking surveys on having CF to earn some extra money, so I earned $50 today by being eligible, I sold a textbook through Amazon a couple of days ago, and will receive my pay check tomorrow for work. Yes, I am still living on a tight budget, but things do work out as they always have.
I am thankful to be able to be a peer mentor for incoming freshman at a camp in a week, and to be attending Byu. In some ways I am nervous and trying to figure things out for this camp, especially with treatment time (will most likely have to wake up at 5 AM and possibly (hopefully not) go to bed at midnight each day because of Tobi), but I was excited to read the packet on what we will be doing. I am looking over the lessons that the other peer mentor and I will teach our group, and by only reading one or two of them so far, I have already felt inspired. Only through Byu can you teach leadership skills using our Savior's life as the ultimate example.
There is a lot to be thankful for, so, what are you thankful for?
No comments:
Post a Comment