Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

Happy Halloween!! I love this time of year!! I love seeing the gorgeous fall colors and carving pumpkins. I love hot soups and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I love lounging in sweats,watching tv and dancing around my room when I have nothing else to do since it's cold outside. Don't you love fall??

My Halloween was a little different this year. That's right, no trick or treating for me this year :( But that's alright because I'm really not the biggest fan of candy. I did end up going with a few friends who graduated last year to a single adult ward Halloween dance. We then headed over to a friend's house and ate homemade donuts. Yum yum




Today, I also attended a mission farewell for a friend of mine who is leaving soon for Rome (cool, huh?!). I am so glad for missionary work so that the gospel can be spread throughout the world and so that families can be together forever. The missionary who is leaving soon said something in his talk that inspired me. He mentioned a song Valient Faith by Jenny Phillips. In the song it mentions being a warrior of light as we strive to be a good example by living with honor and faith.This phrase Warrior of Light really stood out to me. To me, it means that we need to be a good example and knows that we can do great things and know where we stand, and have a firm foundation. It also means to me that we face trials in our lives in which sometimes may make us feel like we have to be warriors, and it can be difficult to fight our battles. By hearing this song after he suggested it, I learned that being a warrior of light means that we must not only avoid sin and fight our battles by striving to get by, but to fight Valiantly, Fearlessly, Fighting for the Mighty King. By hearing this phrase a warrior of light, I knew that I could find the strength in me to be a good example to others and not let my light dim as I face challenges in my life, especially pertaining to having CF.

Here are the lyrics:


To many people are just sliding by

Plugged into the world and missing the meaning of life

But I was born to be a warrior of light

With faith to move mountains and the power of God filling my life


I wanna life my life with honor and faith

I wanna return to His arms unashamed

It’s not enough for me to live it halfway

I’ll follow Him fearlessly all of my days

I will live with valiant faith


I've lived for ages

I've prepared for this life

I won’t be confused or cross to the enemy’s side

I am guarded with power and truth

Siding with God, He’s pouring out blessings in all that I do



Valiantly, fearlessly, fighting for the Mighty King

Valiantly, fearlessly, fighting for the Mighty King - Jenny Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment