I cannot believe how fast this cross country season went by, and I cannot believe I actually ran it!! It was very difficult to run 3 to 6 miles every day after long hours of school, but I can say it was worth it. I met so many new friends and actually got in shape. But I realized how important it is to run at your own pace and not compare your abilities to other students. I think this was the hardest part for me. It was hard to run with having CF and sometimes feeling like I had a brick on my lungs, and there were some students who did much better than I. But what mattered was when I improved my scores. During this cross country season, I also learned how there are others around me who faced very difficult challenges who were also running as well! There was one who had a very hard time breathing because she was born with about 1/2 the normal lung capacity as a normal person (she didn't have asthma or CF). There was also one with stomach cancer as well (I was very surprised to find out myself that she was running with it). It was a great comfort to know there were others with serious challenges who were running as well,and we were able to help each other out :)
Oh, and I almost forgot. I finally got pictures of my sister's new puppy Cody. He is so energetic and precious. My other dog Oscar has had a huge jealousy problem with him, so hopefully his attitude will eventually go away.
 |
| Oh how he loves to play |
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment