Happy New Year to everyone!!! I hope 2010 was fantastic for y'all. I know I sure had a great year, but it went by fast!! I have been thinking about all the memories from the year, here are some events that stood out:
The year started out in Arizona with my awesome cousins and some memories I will never forget. My dance concert approached, and then our fun Valentines Day dance. A couple of months later I had my g-tube removed, and I will never forget that very painful couple of weeks. I had my Cinderella moment for prom. My cousin Caryn came from Arizona, and we ran the CF Great Strides 5k together along with our many adventures. We had so much fun!
Before I knew it I found out I was made SBO Artist and was called to be in Seminary Council for the following year. It was hard saying my goodbyes to the seniors who were graduating, but exciting for the thought of being a senior.
Girls Camp Came. We stayed in tents and had loads of adventures, and then we had wind storms and ended up with rainstorms, our tent flooded, and snow outside the next morning, but we all learned we could be happy no matter what situations we were placed in.
Then there was Leadership Camp at Utah State with my Stud Gov buddies. We bonded for those three days by attending a few classes, eating some of the best ice cream, staying up and pranking others, trusting each other on a ropes course, putting on a skit for a talent show, making posters, and watching the world cup.
A couple of weeks later we had friends and family over from Texas. I loved spending time with them.
My dad and step mom then took us to Southern Cali. Although it was only a few days, we had fun at the beach while riding waves in an inflatable kiddie pool and going to Disneyland.
For the last week of summer I embraced it while spending time with friends. Responsibilities picked up pace for being in Stud Gov and Sem Council, and before I knew it school had started. I loved going to football games with friends, and everyone started to get ready for Homecoming, which was tons of work! I got free tickets to John Mayer's concert, so my friend Kira and I headed with a whole bunch of friends to his concert. It was one of the best nights I have ever experienced.
Before I knew it, I was saying my goodbyes to friends who were leaving for missions.
I was asked to Homecoming, and the dance was loads of fun!
Halloween came, so I went with some friends to a singles ward dance. It was a little weird but we still had a good time.
It was hard saying more goodbyes to friends leaving on missions, but had heard some of the best talks that I will never forget. Some of them really helped me out while I ended up in the hospital the next day for stomach complications.
Then I had fun helping with our school's fundraiser for the Paul Cardall Foundation. It was a lot of work, but a great experience.
Harry Potter 7 came out. It was amazing, and my friends and I cried, with me being the loudest bawler in the whole theater room.
Then Thanksgiving break came, and I enjoyed eating tons of food and black friday shopping at places such as Nordstrom Rack and Forever 21.
Then it was Christmas time, with service and love, field trips, choir performances, and fun parties. Then WA came, and it was definitely one of the best dances I have been to. I beat my date at a two step competition, and then had quite the experience for my first time ice skating.
Then school was out, and my mom and I had fun baking for others' presents. I pretty much didn't do anything over the break, but had a wonderful Christmas!
So that's what the year was like, and I enjoy looking back at those memories. And now the fabulous year has ended, but I know 2011 will be great!!! There will once again be the CF Great Strides, and I will be graduating and moving on to college, so I know it will be awesome. I hope everyone has a great year!
No comments:
Post a Comment