So I have a high and low, and I will get my low out of the way. Once upon a time, about a week ago to be exact, a weird cold decided it wanted to attach to me and it won't go away. I've heard of other people having it too and it is spreading around, where it starts with a sore throat and goes into a head cold type thing. It has been getting better, but I swear there is a dinosaur in my lungs that loves to roar. Having a cold with cf can be very difficult because the most of the symptoms leave, but it takes a lot of effort to get the gunk out of my lungs, and I have been excessively been taking in Hypertonic Saline with extra, longer treatments, and I am hoping no new lung infections decide to grow.
So that is the downside and I am very sorry for that piece of info, and I know I will be better, but for all you CFers out there just be careful not to get sick at this time, especially in Salt Lake because of the absurd weather. And if you do get sick just keep up with meds and treatments and know the cold will go away even if it feels like it never will.
The good news is I just got back from Moab for the first time on Saturday ( I have been feeling a little better, just been doing harsher treatments) and let me tell you it is one very cool place :) Alicia wasn't able to come so it was just Josh, Brandon, my dad, and I with our step mom and four step sisters. I know Moab is in the middle of nowhere and it's all desert, but the red dirt rocks and mountains are incredible and they were very fun to climb around on. The weather was beautiful as well. We only stayed for two days, but we went on a few neat hikes and went rafting down the Green River. Josh and I discovered a few narrow crevices inside boulders and decided Moab is one of nature's playgrounds.
 |
| Balanced rock |
|
|
 |
| I was barely able to fit inside :) |
 |
| At the Sand Dune Arches |
 |
| landscape arch |
|
|
 |
| We were able to get up close to a deer | | |
|
|
There are no pictures from the rafting trip because I didn't want to get the camera wet, but it was a nice short trip :)
No comments:
Post a Comment