Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wow!

That's all I can say now, wow. I can't believe how crazy of a day today started out as. Well, it actually started out last night in a way. I know that there are no such things as coincidences!

 So last night when I was doing my treatment, I wasn't going to take Hypertonic Saline because I was tired of doing it, but a small voice came into my head, Are you sure? And I thought my cold went away for the most part, but realized I had a lot of gunk in my lungs once I took my medication.

Yes there's that lovely piece of info...but I will come back to its importance. This morning something incredible happened. I checked my email a couple of days ago and received an email from BYU relating to scholarships. I figured I would check the message later on the BYU site like it told me to. I decided to check it this morning, thinking it was notifying students of a new scholarship to apply for, which would be weird because scholarship deadlines were a while ago. As I read the message, I found out I received another scholarship for each semester this year. I almost passed out on the spot because I never even applied for one at the Y because they are hardly ever given out. I counted up the amount from this scholarship, the one from the BEF for CF, and a pelgrant, and almost all of my expenses are paid for this upcoming year. WHAT A MIRACLE!!!!

But besides getting a scholarship, I was supposed to get my wisdom teeth out, and I am terrified of surgeries. I was happy with the news of the scholarship, but still as nervous as can be while driving to get my teeth out. My mom looked down to look at directions, and right as I started saying "Mom, it's a green light", we heard a car screeching and my mom and I lurched forward in our seats. We stopped the car and someone had run into us. They exchanged information, I called the people at the oral surgeon's office to tell them we would be late, and luckily we were not hurt and only the license plates were dented in.

We eventually made it to the oral surgeon's office about half an hour late. I couldn't believe I had just been in my first car wreck, and I was feeling stressed about getting my teeth out. We filled out the paperwork, and I mentioned how I had been having gunk in my lungs (I thought it was all gone until last night when I was doing my treatment.) I was eventually called into the procedure room, with the uncomfortable feeling in the pit of my stomach. After the surgeon looked over the paper work, he asked about the problem with my lungs. I explained how they had not been at their best, and he said immediately it was not the right time to do the procedure. I realized then the dangers that could have happened, not with my teeth, but with my overall health. We all decided I would need my teeth taken out with even more care at a hospital.

After then the horrible feeling went away, and my mom and I headed back to our house. My young cousins from Texas had come over, so we all spent some time together. I started to put all the pieces together, realizing everything happens for a reason. If I had not randomly had a lot of gunk in my lungs last night, I wouldn't have put it on the paper work, and who knows? According to the surgeon my life could have been on the line during the procedure. My mom and I got in a car wreck, and we were thinking something could have been preventing us from going to the clinic. And on top of that, we weren't hurt and nobody had to pay a ticket. In addition, I miraculously received a financial miracle this morning for school next year. I know there are no such things as coincidences. When we do our part, our Father in Heaven watches out for us, protects us, and blesses us when we need his help.

No comments:

Post a Comment