First of all last Tuesday we had our final choir concert, where we watched all the choirs sing, and then our large choir sang a few songs, at first they were gospel songs, and then transitioned into songs such as "For Good" from Wicked and other goodbye songs. There wasn't a dry eye on stage while we were singing.
Thursday/Friday: A few of us from student gov decided to relive a tradition that is done around the beginning of the year, and the next morning our sem council met to do baptisms at the temple. It was very special, and I really don't know how I pulled an all nighter and went to school the next day. And on Friday night we had a final party for all the choirs.
Saturday:
Was our Sr Dinner Dance. We had it at Noah's Reception hall, which was beautiful and fun to have at. We quickly set up all the decorations, and it ended up looking good!
All the seniors filed in, and I was able to take pictures with friends and we ate a delicious dinner. We then cleared out the tables and chairs, the lights went out, and we partied like it was 1999.
It was an unforgettable night and we danced hard. We all then watched a slide show of pictures from over the year.
Sun: I graduated from Seminary at our stake center. It was short and sweet and there were some good talks and an inspiring good musical number was given.
And Tuesday was the big day. We all met up at the E center to finally graduate!! There were some good speeches, but it was a long time of sitting doing nothing. But after all the speeches, our adviser told us to stand up and walk on stage. For some dumb reason I thought I would be following someone else to the center of the stage, but instead we started at the side of the stage, so my name was the first to be called out. It took me by surprise, and that's when it kicked in "Holy cow we really are graduating and this is it!"
After graduation my family went to eat at the Olive Garden and then later on I headed to the all-night party at a local Rec Center. There was so much free food and I was able to rock climb for the first time in years, play games, and hang out with friends for one of the last times. I crashed when I got home at 4:15 but was able to sleep in.
And so now it's weird to think it's over, but I am very glad. High school has had both horrible and wonderful experiences, but it dragged on after a while. I will miss many dear friends and I won't forget the many lessons I have learned, but I will say I am ready to be a BYU cougar next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment