Things that I discovered are a few simple natural highs (no particular order):
-A bowl of BYU ice cream (yes, I finally trying to use a tiny cup to cut down on the amount I have each time)
-Seeing the fall colors spring up with perfect weather. We have had some crazy weather this past week and today was beautiful :)
-Making a new friend
-Temple Tuesdays
-Shuffling to Rock Party Anthem
-Doing better on a quiz
-Getting a good score on an essay
-Passing an exam
-Washing the pari treatment pieces in distilled water and vinegar every once in a while. They look stunning after being washed in the terrible hard water!
-Trying a new recipe and it turning out delicious
-Even better: having people come over do share left overs so I don't have to dump them out
-Yes, as a CFer it is nice to digest food well. You cfers would know what I'm talking about :) Otherwise it can be a little painful and distracting when trying to study
-Sleeping in on a Saturday morning
-A call from family telling good things going on at home
-A call from my grandma or grandpa just asking how my day has been
-Buying a new pair of comfy shoes
-Laughing to videos on youtube with friends as your abs hurt
-Catching up with old friends you don't see as often
-Curling up in sweats after coming home
-Sipping hot cocoa and talking with girlies from down the hall after a cold night
There are many things that are simply satisfying, especially as a college student. It's surprising how many small things you can miss while in college, so the small natural highs make life even better :)
No comments:
Post a Comment