I am so glad to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, to stand as a witness of our Savior and Redeemer of the world. As M Russel Ballard said, "He broke the bands of death. We need to stand as a witness of him at all times, in all things, and in all places."
I also loved Robert D Hale's talk. There have been moments in college lately where even though it's BYU, I sometimes have felt life has thrown me buckets of lemons. So many of us feel this way, where we can't control what life throws at us. I hope I can strive to be more charitable, loving, forgiving, and patient during times that seem very difficult to endure. As Robert D Hale mentioned, tribulation worketh patience, and we continue in patience with a perfect brightness of hope. And as Carl B. Cook had said, it's always better to look up and obtain optimism, wisdom, always be willing to seek those in need, and have an attitude of can do and will do. We must look up and cheer up because God wants us happy :)
I promise I have been happy in college, but everyone has their moments of hardship. I thought some trials from my senior year would go away, but they haven't, and I know the Lord is trying to teach me something. There have been several times during conference where they have mentioned we must remember our Savior's life and example, his patience and love during hard times. This conference has helped me have a mindset to keep trying and never give up and that we are not alone in our Gathsemane's. We need to be real in every aspect of our lives and pray often to become closer to our Father in Heaven so he can guide us more easily. I really liked J Devn Cornish's quote, "Much like medicine, prayer only works when used as directed."I hope everyone who has watched it has felt the same as they have felt the strong, testifying spirit this weekend that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church to lift ourselves and each other up to become closer to Christ, and we have a prophet who loves and is there to help us. The ancient prophets Book of Mormon fought diligently to always stand as a witness while serving and obtaining hope. We also promised to be charitable, always stand as a witness, keep the commandments, and be guardians of virtue as we go forward in our lives.
I have two personal goals that I am going to try to work on: Work on family history more often (it sure helps that we are learning how to index in FHE) and visit the temple once a week. I am bummed that this conference is already over because it has been awesome :)
No comments:
Post a Comment