Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

A new start :)

Having:
pure water so I no longer have to buy gallons of distilled water for my treatments
enough electricity to do treatments in a single room
great roommates
my coolers will be shipped to my door
and much more

Yes, those are a few things that will make a Cyster go bonkers over once she has them. New Heritage was wonderful and I already terribly miss my roomies and wardies, but Wyview has already been a great experience. I never would have thought I would move here. New Heritage was gorgeous, but I realized I really didn't care about things such as granite countertops and lights turning on when you walk in. Since it was new, there were maintenance problems that made treatments even more complicated. Unfortunately my roommate and I did not get along at all. I eventually found out it would yes best to have my own room, which would help with having more privacy for treatments and such. You can keep reading if you'd like but the story behind it is long (but awesome):


     My mom and I decided to look for the best option so I could escape the drama I was trapped into where I was living. We said a prayer, asking for the best option to open up because the Lord knew what was best. I knew the Lord knew what was best. I had been praying for ages and wasn't getting an answer, but I knew my prayers would eventually be answered. After my doctor suggested having my own room after I told her about my roommate situation, she wrote a letter saying I needed my own room. We went to the head of my dorm, the accessibility center, and the head of housing. I'll just say it was a very long day of trying to come up with a solution.
     As the accessibility center and the head of housing were talking about Wyview, I started to have a great feeling about it. It was cheaper, there were apartments that had single rooms, my packages would be sent to my door, and much more.  My mom and I knocked on doors to ask what people thought of Wyview, and possibly find a room to move into.
     I felt terrible about the first door we knocked on, but then we decided to go to another building the head of housing said had many spots open. We knocked on a door, and my (now) roommate-who I had never met before-and I got along very well and had a lot in common. I then found out she had a single room that would be open for winter. I mentioned my CF with uneasiness, but she said she knew what it was because she played the main role in a play- a girl who had CF! We continued talking and then my mom and I headed over a building and up a flight of stairs. Turned out the girls there were her FHE sisters, one of them is in my major, and much more. So many more "coincidences" were taking place one after another, and when I signed up for switching rooms, I was able to get into the right spot.
     Ok, the moral of the story? One of my favorite quotes is: "God always gives his best to those who leave the choice to him." by Jim Elliot. I know my Heavenly Father answered my long-anticipated prayers. This is just another beginning and I feel good about it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment