Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving in the AZ

I have been spending most of my time studying and going to reviews lately so I haven't been able to post anything.
So last week I was able to go to Arizona for Thanksgiving.
We had a nice Thanksgiving dinner with extended family, including our Great Grandma who is still as funny and sweet as ever at age 95

It was also fun playing with our younger cousins, like Carissa's hubby with the girls here

Then Caryn and I had a few nights with random events such as Spongebobing and surfing on our laptops

And then after we took pics on the mac...Black Friday time! We headed over to Macy's first and the line was not too long, but as soon as we were let in, people were everywhere! We headed over to the boots that we were determined to get for $20, and white boxes were flying in all directions. We realized they were the boots and then picked out our sizes and bought the pairs we liked. We waited in the check out line, but unfortunately the cash register was not reading the sale prices so it took 10 minutes per customer. When you get bored in a line, you can play games like ISpy and the question game to at least keep a little bit entertained.

trying on hats at American Eagle


After then we headed to American Eagle and Target and then got home around 3. After 4 hours of sleep, we headed out to the outdoor mall. We enjoyed awesome weather and our tradition of Wetzels while looking around. Carly had lost her shopping bag but luckily it was returned by an honest person to the lost and found. I also ran into my friend Paige from Brighton (now in college) which just proved that the world is small after all. We literally shopped until we dropped


We had many other adventures in Arizona as well. After some mini golf we had our tradition of going to Main Street and taking pictures with the random objects and statues

Like this yellow door :)



Or this statue of a guy giving an orange to a girl (but he had a knife)...


And we planked the large pink chair

Over the trip we had so much food including Thanksgiving food, Blue Bell ice cream, pie, pizza, and more. By the end of the trip Caryn and I were craving veggies so we rushed to Walmart. That night a few of us older cousins devoured the fresh veggies. Hopefully we are not getting too old :)



Anyways it was a really fun trip and I already miss my cousins and relatives and hopefully Caryn will be able to come to BYU for this summer. Since the break I have been trying hard to study for finals, and let me tell you I am trying so hard to focus. I will often be in the library and realize I dozed off once I wake up with people giving me weird looks. Hopefully I can at least pass some of these tests and do well on others.

No comments:

Post a Comment