Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Trying New Things

So I have decided that there are many things I have not tried yet or am just starting to learn. It's absolutely ridiculous! Haha I guess college is a good time to develop new skills, right?

Yesterday a group from my dorm decided to go disco skating, so I said, "Sure! Why not?" If you are curious what disco skating is, you dress up in crazy clothes and skate to music from the 70s and 80s on roller skates. I didn't think it would be too bad. However, I fell on my butt every 5 feet. When I reached a barrier at one point, I fell again right as a group was taking a picture with their backs to the rink as I was right in the background their picture. It was great. What's even better? As they started taking a second picture right after, I was gripping for life onto the barrier while laughing myself to pieces in embarrassment while trying to pull myself up. I bet they have 2 very very good pictures to cherish. After skating was over, the guy at the candy counter said, "Oh! You were the girl walking around that kept falling! I wanted to help but I was working."  It was a great night. As the night carried on, I continued making friends from my new dorm and a few other people as well after we all skated after a few falls. There were people there off all ages; even Gumbi was skating!



No, Hansen wasn't choking me. He was just really excited to see Gumbi.

So yes, I am going to try to continue to learn how to skate. Someday I will learn how to wakeboard, snowboard, ski, and more. Life is grand :)

No comments:

Post a Comment