Wow I'm really not sure how Freshman year went by so quickly. I remember coming up to my first dorm thinking "I'm actually here!" It was a brand new experience and I wasn't sure what was going to happen. I made more friends than I could ask for and was thrown into a schedule of studying, as well as keeping up with treatments and exercise. I can remember the first day my roommates and I met, and we all went to the creamery to get ice cream as a break while unloading our belongings into "Hogwarts."
Time flew by and conflicts arose, which made me start new adventures at another apartment complex. I felt that everything would be great, and it was! I met a lot of new people and had some good times :) Some more things happened that I was unsure why, but throughout this school year, I know that I have had to live with faith and trusting that everything happens for a reason. It has been a good year with many lessons learned, both secular and spiritual, with fun and faith-testing experiences. I also fulfilled my goal of never touching a pack of Ramen or a TV dinner, too :)
After this past month of studying hardcore, finishing projects, and turning in 2 9 page papers, I packed my belongings and before I knew it I once again walked through my front door of my home late at night. Everything was quiet and dark. It had been a long day with some time of parents quarreling once again, but as soon as I came home I could finally hear the peaceful silence that I needed. Josh was awake as he helped unload everything, being the same great "little" brother. It was different not having my own bedroom, but I didn't care as I was finally home with my family. I climbed into bed (and seeing Oscar's hairs on the quilt made me smile for once. They seem to never go away) after a memorable freshman year.
Hi there, Rachel! I found your blog after you added me as a follower. :) Are you a student at BYU? I love that you and your roommates called it "Hogwarts." AWESOME. And congrats on finishing Freshman year! Oh, and also - the post below this (with the photo booth pictures of you and your nebs) made me crack up. I was in the hospital last month and my husband spent a whole evening taking photo booth pictures because we were so bored. The best part of it was, one of my friends was in at the same time, and a few days later his wife put up pictures on Facebook showing that THEY had been doing the same thing!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, it's nice to "meet" you! I've recently been putting together a blogroll of CF blogs. Would you like me to add yours? It seems like such a nice one!
haha Thanks Cindy! I'll admit I have enjoyed your blog since I found it :) I am most certainly at BYU in Utah. Ha thanks don't you just love Photobooth? I often get bored during treatments so every once in a while I'll do a photo booth session. I would love to be on the Blogroll! It's nice to "meet" you too :)
ReplyDelete