It really has been very very slow. However, while looking at it, it's in a good way (that is, if I can stay patient. I'm used to always being on the go and always having to do something.)
My job has been fantastic. Yes, it's slow. I sit at a desk at the back of an office, sometimes feeling over-crowded by the University's student government haha, but that means it draws in more fun people. I listen to country music, the band Phoenix, and Imagine Dragons on Pandora to break the silence. I answer phone calls, schedule appointments, and visit with students coming up for scholarship interviews and appointments. I fax files or make copies, make deliveries, or even water the plants when I'm that bored.
On top of all of this, I work with some of the best people I've ever met. I feel like the small youngling here, as most of them are a lot older. They never stop inspiring me to be better. My main supervisor counsels with students of all backgrounds and just wants to help them. We still chat, but I remember the days where I would tell everything to this kind stranger I had just met--family life, Cystic Fibrosis, and much more. And that was scary, because I usually don't do that. We both agreed I needed to live in a safer environment and needed work experience, so he offered the job. I was glad!!
My other supervisor and people in the office are also some of the nicest people who have their own stories. I won't go into details haha, but my co-worker in my cubicle, for instance, has been in school for 18 years off and on, is married, and has some of the cutest kiddos that he always talks about.18 years of school, my friends--that is a great example of hard work and patience!
On top of that, there's nothing like having our "super boss," where when you hear his title, you would think he would be a very serious person. He has his serious side, but almost every time I see him, he throws jokes, pranks, and is overall a very positive person, wanting to help improve lives.
I could talk about others but that would be a little inconsiderate and boring. In summary, I'm glad I'm in Provo. I feel blessed to have ended up with my roommate Klair, especially since we knew each other from my first ward in Provo. With it being quiet most of the time and Klair usually gone, it has been hard not to feel alone, but I feel safe, and even though Provo isn't my favorite place-at least for now-it's home.
| Having a name plate doesn't make me any better, but it's cool to have one |
| Yesterday my supervisors and co-worker came back from lunch. One of them gave this to me, and I opened it up to find a 9 inch piece of chocolate cake!! Sometimes I feel spoiled here |
No comments:
Post a Comment