Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Summer to-do list

Since I have stayed in Provo, I realized I need a better life than just working four hours a day and then doing nada. I have oftentimes found myself bored. My roommate Klair and I like to go to Hip hop club and Institute, but other than that, I decided that just lounging around can only last so long! So I made a summer to do list:

Make friends at my apartment complex. It can just be a pain to have dead silence and nothing to do with nobody. I know that I need people to have adventures with as we lift each other up. I am looking forward to meeting girls and gusy who can talk about anything, love to seek for adventures and fun, laugh and goof around as peopel may think we're weird, as we can lift each other up and listen and tell about almost anything, and are as ready for as fun of a summer as I am.

Go running several times a week. This includes Run both CF Great for strides walks. Yep. 2 weeks apart. I know that my family is planning on being my team, and I'm ok with that :) After then, a few weeks later, I will be running for my sweet dear friend from my home ward, Miss Millie. There will be a large team walking and running for her, dressed up as princesses because Cancer is a royal pain. She is truly an inspiration and goes through so much, and is one of my greatest heros as she continues to fight the awful Leukemia. (You can register for her walk here: http://milliesprincessrun.org/



Go swimming. I freaking realized that I have a pool literally right outside my window. I hear people splashing around and joking, and I think, "Golly that sounds fun!" I usually only go swimming once or twice a summer, so why not take advantage of it this time?


Listen to more country music. I realized how much I love it, and I often ask my friends, "Who sings this?" and their reaction may be similar to "How do you not know this?" My radio often sounds staticy, but that's what Pandora and Spotify are for.

Not be afraid to wear my hair curly more often/actually do my hair more often. I'm very indecisive on this one. Curly hair is hard to manage.

Buy at least one pair of colored jeans. I see them everywhere and I think they look fun and adorable. I'm slowly catching up to some fads. In fact, I just bought my first pair of Toms last weekend!! (I am having a hard time typing this out right now while trying to not have a highlight, so ignore the 'highlight' haha)


like this pair or something similar :)

Go with friends up to the mountains. Whether it's hiking, camping, having camp fires--they all sound fun. I love being up in the woods in the summer when it feels warm and cool.

Go for summer treats. Snow cones, smoothies, frozen yogurt, slurpees. Nuff said.



Catch up on movies. I am actually starting this tonight! Klair and I met someone at institute, so we decided to have a pizza/ movie night and watch Thor and Captain America (I have seen Captain America. I am going to try to stay calm while watching it because Chris Evans is so fine. He is one more reason I am proud to be an American.) I am also excited to go to the movies and see some such as the Dark Knight Returns, Brave, and Spiderman.



Go to the zoo. I'm not sure when or how, but I'd like to.

Reading parties. I know, it may sound lame, but I enjoy reading when I don't have to. And I'm close to a library, so it shouldn't be too hard.


Here are more to-do's for the summer:
Build a fort.
Breakfast for dinner
Have parties
Craft night
Run in the sprinklers
Make cookies for friends
Mini golf/bowling
Sidewalk Chalk Art
4th of July parade/Freedom fest
Make popsicles
Dollar movies
Play on the swings at a park

And all other jazz. Last but not not least, I am planning on seeing WICKED for the first time this summer! I can't wait! I know most of the songs and I don't think my family has a clue that I do, but they will probably figure it out :) 



On top of that, I'll just be seeking for more adventures and fun :)

(Once again, ignore the highlights, as I don't consider them higher on the list. Blogger was being weird.)

No comments:

Post a Comment