Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

For Those Tiring Days

Some of these days have been tough.
It's not like I'm trying to single out Algebra or anything, however, 2 assignments have taken me a little over 5 hours each (one was only 8 problems), and two assignments are due every week just for math, along with studying for other classes, keeping up with readings, and more.
And sometimes exercising becomes tiring, but don't worry, I'm still keeping it up :)
And sometimes I have to be very patient with my pharmacy when they don't change certain medications' dosage amounts sent twice from the doctor.
And there's only so much time in a day, that things can become overwhelming when there's so much to do.
Little sleep happens every now and then.
And finding time to cook can be hard to find.
But don't worry, I am doing better with those things now :)
I won't forget one day when I was so overwhelmed with math, work, health, and more. I don't think I smiled that day and I was exhausted while feeling frumpy and grumpy. While walking to my zumba class, a tap class's song was playing loudly to my ears "You're never fully dressed without a smile." I could feel right then the Lord was concerned and wanted me to slow down a bit, and that He was right there.
And then later on, Nephi's Psalm came up in the Book of Mormon in 2 Ne 4:20: "My God hath been my support, he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep.
He hath filled me with his love, even unto the consuming of my flesh.
And then it reads:
O then, if I have seen so great things, if the Lord in his condensation unto the children of men hath visited men in so much mercy, why should my heart weep and my soul linger in the valley of sorrow, and my flesh waste away, and my strength slacken, because of my afflictions?
And why should I yield to sin because of my flesh? Yea, why should I give way to temptations that the evil one have place in my heart to destroy my peace and afflict my soul?
And later on:
Awake, oh my heart, and cry unto the Lord, and say "O Lord, I will praise thee forever; yea, my soul will rejoice in thee, my God, and the rock of my salvation."

This is one of the most poetic parts of the Book of Mormon, but it struck me, as I needed to read this. Before I felt drained and drowning, as if I was stuck in a rut. Ironically, this scripture flipped open again this morning once I felt overwhelmed once again. Nephi went through so much in his life, and he was able to acknowledge that he was going through a hard time, however, with the knowledge that Lord was there and he was blessed with so much, he was able to stand up and try again.

So simply said, many of our days can be this way, and it's ok because it's part of life and there are better days ahead. College isn't easy and I'm still learning a lot and of what matters most, and thank goodness we have the scriptures to help us remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment