Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Trick and Treat

Here is a rambly and sort of random blog post about Halloween this year.

I went to a Halloween ward party dressed as Merida from Brave, but not many people showed up and people kept asking if I was people such as Annie, Daphne (from Scooby Doo), and more, but I thought my (brushed out) curly hair would give it away, but I guess not. Luckily my friends Chelsea and Jess were there, so we were able to dance the way we wanted to to music from decades up to 7th grade year while the lights were on.

A few days later, I promised myself I would not be distracted from the studying that needed to be done while at work. But then my awesome supervisor put a pumpkin on my desk. I jokingly said how I would love to carve it, and he said, "Sure, I have a knife in my office!" So there I was, feeling pretty awesome for carving a pumpkin at work. I started carving a pumpkin carving face I saw on Google, but wanted something not so scary and more funny. It ended up being created into an inside joke that a few people at work and I understand--long story short, we knew someone in the office who ate cat food on accident, and we all (including himself) were joking about it. His daughter got in on it, then we did too, so there's been a lot of blackmail material going back and forth from this whole thing (which is why on the pumpkin, he said he was going to "Zombify me" which is taking a picture to make me look like a zombie. Luckily we aren't Facebook friends so it doesn't matter.) It probably wasn't as funny as I thought it was, but oh well, it's Halloween which is supposed to be fun, right?


Anyways, that was about it for some-what traditional Halloween events.

But then when yesterday arrived, my roommate's mission call also arrived. We had many people crowd into our living room, waiting to hear where she was going to go. Although the mission age has changed, Dana still would have been able to turn her papers in since she is a little older than the rest of us. She has been one of the most prepared and excited people I have ever met to serve a mission. Turns out, she's going to Milan, Italy!! We are all so thrilled for her but will miss her!!

preparing to pig out on pasta, salad, and breadsticks at Olive Garden
I believe that this Halloween has opened my eyes as to how much we are all growing up. It was the first time that I wasn't too sad about not going Trick-or-Treating, but instead reminiscing on how great it was while being a kid. This year wasn't so full of Halloween parties, dressing up, or having time for scary movies, (but I had an I still ate junk food and candy yesterday.) Although I didn't participate in so much of the traditional Halloween events or atmospheres, (even atmospheres here in P-town can be very sketch for parties, dances, etc--I learned the hard way from one night that I have to be more careful), I couldn't have been happier to see my roomie open her call. It's weird how time flies, but it's exciting to see my fam and friends progress in their lives. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment