Guys, 2013 is going to rock. Here are a few resolutions:
Strive to get above a C in my upcoming classes, especially Stats
Become more tolerant of Provo while I'm there for this semester
Become more tolerant of Provo while I'm there for this semester
Meet more people wherever I am
Watch more carefully what I eat so I don't get such bad stomach aches.
Be a better friend
I'm still thinking about a half marathon. Debating...
Sew a mustard yellow skirt or a cute striped skirt in my upcoming sewing class
Study Preach my Gospel a little hardcore for the first half of the year
Now, from a few hints from this post and the last, you probably guessed what the main thing is that I'll be doing this year. It took a while to decide on, and I wasn't one of the girls who jumped right into it (which isn't bad, it just took me longer to decide.) Let me tell you, so many worries flooded my mind regarding possibly being called "Cyster" Roy. For a basic idea:
my vest/neb treatments in the mornings and at night
cardio exercise-which might possibly scare the living daylights out of my companion in the mornings with how determined I am to keep my lungs clear
not being able to eat everything, because fatty or processed foods typically make me very sick
carrying "Max" in a handbag for when I don't do so well with that rule
difficult companions who may have a hard time with CF
possible hospital tune-ups if my body takes on too much
being close to a CF clinic
etc etc etc etc etc
But guess what? Since I like to make plans A,B,C,D,E,F,G, none of my plans for next year were working out, and I have felt for some time it's supposed to be a big, good year. I never felt right about being in my hometown or Provo for this summer, too. I talked with my roommates and about it. My roommate, D$ (ok, Dana), said something along the lines of "Although you are afraid of how short life is, even if it wouldn't be as long, wouldn't it be so much better if you could just live it to its fullest and take risks?" Those words hit home, and I prayed even more about the mission, this time letting go of my fears about CF's responsibilities, and I knew that night after our conversation that it was right. If worse comes to worse, I could come home for some time or be given some accommodations from my Mission President. Even if it's a struggle and fight the whole time, it will be for the better, and hopefully I can make a difference in some peoples' lives and bring them closer to Christ. I am taking a big step, and ever since I decided to do so, so many setbacks and hard hard hard decisions have been thrown at me, to the point of having to possibly meet with lawyers and attorneys about health insurance. I won't go into details, but it's interesting how you can know something is good when the adversary tries to stop you in ways you never thought would be possible.
Although I have CF, I hope to use these experiences to help others and help them recognize that especially since this is a big sacrifice, I wouldn't be out in the mission field for no reason, and that each person is loved by our Heavenly Father, even when they go through their challenges. This gospel means so much. I can't wait to teach what has helped me in my life and bring families closer together through what they may never have known existed. I have my physical tomorrow and then (except for insurance issues), I will be done with my papers. We will see what happens, but 2013 is going to be a fantastic year. :)
I hope you all have the best year ever, no matter what comes your way.
So, any guesses of where I'll be going (stateside)?
So, any guesses of where I'll be going (stateside)?



Wahoo! Very exciting Rachel. You are a great missionary already & will be a great full time missionary in..... (My guess is) New England.
ReplyDelete~Carissa
Delete