I woke up this morning, feeling the busload of soreness.
Again.
And it's starting to hit...
Half Marathon...in a week?
How did this happen?
Run, weights the next day
Run, weights again
Sit ups. Push ups. Planks. Feeling like a fool with free weights at the weight room.
Run
Run
Yeah...That's been about it
But at the same time, it's been more than that
It's the pounding of my feet against the sidewalk
Feeling my stomach plummet while seeing the top of the hill miles away
My muscles screaming
The sensation of a corset wrapped around my lungs
Reminding myself to breathe properly.
Going into limbo around mile 7
Skipping through songs that I'm sick of on my Ipod
The looks of faces when I need a sudden restroom break and hurry into some random cafe.
Yeah.
Yet again
It's reaching the top of the hill, seeing over the whole valley
Or finally seeing the temple, while being at eye-level with the Angel Moroni Statue
Or jogging across a trail at the top of a hill, seeing my high school across the valley at the top of another gigungus hill.
Where I just ran from.
Feeling the adrenaline while going down the hill
Knowing my lungs are working hard
Seeing the 10.5 mark on my Nike app at the end.
Becoming stronger
I remind myself I run because I can
And it gets me going.
Because I think of those with CF literally fighting each day.
I don't understand how some can live and depend on their O2.
Or find themselves again and again in a hospital room for weeks.
It could be me sometime down the road, but let's hope not.
As for now, I'm just going to embrace what I can do and enjoy the ride.
It's a love/hate relationship.
No comments:
Post a Comment