My mama called the mission home today with some concerns about my insurance records getting transferred, my mission president knowing about CF, and all that jazz. The person over the phone told her everything--how I already have a mission Dr, who is over 10 missions, but is always available if I need help right away, as well as making appointments with my CF doc or setting up, if needed, hospitalizations.
On top of that, there are several people with CF going to Boston for a mission (say whaaaa??) I know, crazy! But they even make strong precautions to make sure we're not in the same zone or anywhere near each other during transfers to avoid any spread of harmful infections or illnesses.
They also said Boston is where a lot of missionaries with health issues get sent to since they have some of the best medical care (did I mention one of the hospitals there with a CF clinic was ranked number one in the nation last year?) There are even 2 with brain tumors who will be serving in Boston soon. I don't know their names, and even if I did, I wouldn't reveal their information in respect to their personal privacy.
This made me think a little bit more. It amazes me to know we are not alone and there are no coincidences. There are many out there with "Invisible Illnesses," but there is help readily available. These mission leaders care. There are many like my future mission Dr. and nurse who are on missions themselves to take care of and serve those who are going forth to bring the world his truth. I realized we are all a team to build each other up. They serving missionaries by providing them care and making sure their needs are met by all costs.
It also amazes me to see people's dedication and willingness to serve. I don't know who these people are and there are many who may have an invisible illness besides myself, but their bravery amazes me and inspires me to do better and work harder. Although I have Cystic Fibrosis, I know I'm not the only one who has challenges, and that our Heavenly Father is there for each of us during our trials. It brings so much hope to know we will never be let go or left alone. This mission may have a few challenges, but I will say this now and probably many times from now on, I know I'll be in good hands. :)
Thinking about the trials I have faced, face, or may have to face later on reminds me of this poem:
![]() |
| And I just couldn't resist posting a picture of the stunning temple |


No comments:
Post a Comment