We had a wonderful lesson in church today. The lady that talked shared how important it is to simplify our lives. She reminded us of Uchdorf''s talk during the last General Conference in October about the things that matter most. I started to feel very guilty and knew I had to simplify my life, and tried to ask myself how I could make my life easier in some ways. In Uchdorf's talk he said how we can simplify our lives. That is, by seeking the things that matter most, which usually revolve around improving our relationships with our God, our families, people around us, and ourselves. There is beauty all around and sometimes we just need to sit back and acknowledge God's creations, and most importantly we need to think about what matters most in life.
In the lesson she told about how she is taking these art classes, and showed us a painting that she painted. Her art teacher instructed her to only paint the simple parts of the picture, especially where the light hit. He taught how important it was to capture the light in the paintings. When I took painting I learned this as well, with how the lit portions of the pictures can make the whole difference. This is similar to our lives, with how we need to focus on the simple things and where the light hits. The light in our lives can change things around so much, so we need to strive to focus on what is good and important by focusing on being like the savior, our blessings, caring for others, and beauty around.
So anyways, there's my cheesy Sunday message :) I'm now ready to take a Sunday nap! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment