Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Prime Prom

Last night was fantastic! I had the opportunity to go with the special needs group to prom, and we had such a great time. I rented a gorgeous, sparkly periwinkle blue dress that I fell in love with. This year we had a smaller group than last year (only 3 peer tutors this time, including me) but we still had a blast! We had us peer tutors, parents, the peer tutor teachers, and most importantly the special needs kids themselves come. Each of the special needs kids is so neat and has a strong, dynamic personality. We all dressed up and met up at Spaghetti Factory, then headed to the dance at the capital building.
at Spaghetti Factory



It was finally time to dance. We all had the time of our lives shaking to songs such as the I Got a Feeling, Stanky Leg, Firework, and Shout. It was able to accept the fact that even though I didn't have a date and I was away from my friends I usually hang out with, these are the types of moments that really do matter and will create memories that will last. They deserved to have a night where they could be crazy and have fun, and I was glad we could help :) 
These two kids were in our group, and were so much fun to dance with!
So in conclusion this all can contribute to Day 24 in the blog challenge, that the things that may appear to matter in high school don't matter! I was with people of all ages and backgrounds and had the time of my life :)



No comments:

Post a Comment